a call to peace
With 2012 approaching and the rate of change accelerating in our personal lives and on the planet, how can we maintain our equanimity?
The key to being at peace in the midst of change, is to connect deeply with that which is unchanging. It’s easy to get caught up in focusing on outer dramas happening on the planet or in our own lives; to have our attention go to those thoughts firing away so continuously in our minds, causing negative emotional and physical responses in our bodies.
Travelling in the UK, US and Europe during 2011, has highlighted the affects of economy collapses on people and infrastructure. There is a natural tendency for our attention to go to the negative impacts of what is constantly moving and changing. Yet, beneath all the movement – there is a place of silent stillness that is always present deep within us. In times when everything is going smoothly, we all experience moments of connecting with this peace. The challenge is to find it even in the midst of intense turmoil. To find such peace, recall what is unchanging within ourselves. What matters, doesn’t change.
What I have experienced with people in all parts of the world – from different cultural and religious backgrounds is the expressed qualities and shared values of family, love, kindness, hospitality, friendship, generosity, fun and humour – being upheld and treasured, despite what is happening in the world around them. Some things aren’t meant to change.
In these times of rapid change, there is a great need for people who can maintain their equanimity in the midst of earthquakes, nuclear disasters or bank collapses that may come. These people radiate a calming energy that impacts on all around them.
To become an instrument of peace, journey home to the stillness that lives deep within your heart.
Other Articles & Tips:
- Wear your heart on your sleeve
- Stop Making it about you
- Bold Statements for 2011
- There’s got to be a better way
- Spring into Spring
- Quality Customer Service
- The problem with problem-solving
- Organising your time and space to create success
- Being Productive
- 2 ears and 1 mouth – for good reason!
- Staying on track
- Creating the year YOU want
- Completing the year that was
- Enjoying lasting Fitness & Health
- Creating what you want
- Your unique purpose & true vocation
- Effective Communication
- Great Customer Service
- Creating a great life that supports you and your business
- Coaching – the best kept secret of the successful
- Handling Success
- Hang with the Tension
- Being a Hero
- The Power of Prosperous Thinking
- Happy New Year
- Life as a Game
- Creating Success
- Your Unique Purpose and your True Vocation
- Time Freedom & Fat-Free Performance
- With or Without Confidence
- Finding Direction
- The Importance of Completion
- Creating a New Future
- Defuse Your Stress
- Changing habits to improve your life
- Identifying underlying structures & patterns
- Knowing your unique purpose to create your true vocation
- Enjoy a happy and prosperous new year
- Experiencing true wealth
- Understanding, preventing & managing stress
To receive a free copy of our Tips please fill in the form below: